Senior backend Engineer
Sterblue builds software for Drones to inspect Wind Turbines and Power Lines automatically using Artificial Intelligence. From automatic 3D navigation around infrastructures to online reports and automatic defect detection, we automate the entire inspection process to help energy and utility companies strive for a cleaner future.
We are looking for a Senior Back-End Engineer with experience in Node and a good team spirit. Extensive skills in SQL are a must. At Sterblue, you will:
- Implement our NodeJS micro-services:
- Develop and maintain our GraphQL API server in Typescript and SQL
- Develop and maintain our business process workflow tool in Typescript
- Develop workers in collaboration with other developers:
- Contribute to the backend development velocity:
- Ensure high-quality standards through code review and testing
- Contribute to the improvement of the internal Developer Experience
- Optionally if you like it, you can also contribute to:
- CI/CD and deployment automation
- Infrastructure management with Kubernetes and Terraform
Ideally, the location is in Nantes, France, but Lisbon, Portugal is also possible and we are remote-friendly!
Solid experience in the following technical fields is welcome, we have high expectations on these topics. We are interested in your profile for this position if:
- You have experience with PostgreSQL
- You have experience in functional programming idioms and you like it.
Additionally, here are some general skills that Sterblue people tend to have:
- You are fluent in English (we are based in 3 countries with people from 11 nationalities)
- At least 4 years experience in Back End and Infrastructure Management
- You are curious and won't stop searching until you find the answer
- You work meticulously. You like beautiful things and people around you trust you on that
- You are fun and have a life outside of work!
- Remote friendly (You can be 80% remote)
- Transportation 100% carried by Sterblue
- Good work-life balance: flexible hours, strong remote working policy
- Meal vouchers - Ticket Restaurant of 8€ (50% paid by Sterblue)
- International team: work with people of 11 nationalities in Portugal and in the US
- Great workspace located in Nantes town center
- One week onboarding in Lisbon to meet all the team
- Afterworks, knowledge sharing sessions & conferences, team buildings, one week annual team event (2019 in Morocco!)